MISSION & OBJECTIVES
“Manav Sewa – Madhav Sewa”
Sewadham Ashram is providing its selfless services for the noble cause of serving suffering humanity. We accept abandoned old, disabled, mentally ill, dying and destitute people coming from across the nation found at bus stand, railway stations, roads, pavers, temples, hospitals and other public places, they live here in single joint family. Exploited, abandoned, married, unmarried, mentally ill pregnant women also found safe shelter, care and protection here. All residents are served here with love, care and compassion irrespective of their caste, creed, religion, age and sex.
Many of our residents were living in appalling conditions with maggots infected wounds. People shunned them leave alone talk to them. The main objective of Sewadham is to provide shelter, nutritious food, healthcare, medical support, personal hygiene, safe drinking water, education, clothes etc. and opportunity to live life with dignity in healthy environment.
For most of our needy residents hopelessness is a constant presence in their lives. Their lives do not hold much promise for a bright future. All they need is someone to believe in their dreams and give them a chance for a better future and bring the ray of hope in their life. It is not just about giving food and shelter it’s about making a big difference to society as a whole and creating a positive and enduring change in the lives of neglected suffering people living in undue inequality.
- To establish home & needful environment for the homeless, abandoned & desolate, dying and destitute people globally.
- To restore them with physical, intellectual, social, psychological, spiritual to live life with dignity and self respect.
- To restore their confidence free from discrimination and ridicule.
- To encourage and motivate with skills, provide equal opportunities to become self reliant and make them part of main stream of the society.
- To set their emotions at par with human values and holistic reality of life.
- Deal with others in such a manner as you wish them to deal with you.
- Real socialism in one, in which people extend their helping hands for one another.
- Wherever there is a human being, there is an opportunity for kindness.
- Even god also loves them, whose heart is full of mercy.
- Real education consists of drawing the best of you, what better book can there be than the book of humanity.
“The person, who has realized the pain of sufferings of the
fellow beings, has really understood me”.
– Mahavir Swami.